Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foosball Mental Game
Jonny Lott Wrote:Consistency, or in another words, peak performance is accomplish through the use of inner and external mental tools that creates single minded, undisturbed, focus on execution.

Given ones abilities, both innate and developed, (so long as one has put in the required dues and time and is ready for competition in both physical and mental preparedness), then nothing trumps focused and consistent execution in terms of becoming a winner.

Consistent performance in great players is not dictated by the score in the
match, or the score in the game, but the position of the ball and the task at hand that position creates for you, as a forward or a goalie. That is true focus. Not the score, not your opponent, not the trophies, not even the money to be earned. Your immediate task is dictated by the position of the ball. NOTHING TRUMPS that in importance. For if you win the position of the ball, or the task at hand, enough times you will win the point, the game, the match and the tournament. Consistency is based on extreme focus on execution of the task at hand while winning is an end result of that!!!You need to create a regimen of self-practice and practice against local competition, that results in your physical performance being second nature. However the paradox is, even if you are fully prepared in this area of your game, you're not ready! For at that point your best friend or your worst enemy becomes your mental game. Proper mental preparation coupled with physical readiness will get you in a zone where extreme focus on execution will even trump negative thoughts. Even fear will not be able to intrude your thoughts and make you second guess your execution.
"Man's way to God is with beer in hand." - some Belgium monk
speaking of mental game; are you allowed to wear sunglasses while you play foosball, or is that against the rules?
[i]"I can't make you look stupid any more than Betty Crocker can bake a cake out of thin air. You provide the ingredients, believe me. It's not that I want to be an asshole, it's just that it comes so easily and I lack either the restraint or good will to say nothing at all."[/i]
You can wear w/e you want.
Def gonna be investing in some huge Kenny Powers mirror'd sunglasses for the next time I play Merv Big Grin
[i]"I can't make you look stupid any more than Betty Crocker can bake a cake out of thin air. You provide the ingredients, believe me. It's not that I want to be an asshole, it's just that it comes so easily and I lack either the restraint or good will to say nothing at all."[/i]
Nothing like watching yourself win as you gaze into your opponents eyes. Tongue
ha ha ha you guys are too much, the article forgot to mention how chirping can interfere with focusing on the "task at hand" Tongue
This is why I lock the foosball wisdom threads <_<
"Man's way to God is with beer in hand." - some Belgium monk
(17-Apr-2012, 05:03 PM)Jester Wrote: Nothing like watching yourself win as you gaze into your opponents eyes. Tongue

looks like I'll have to price out the anti-gay-glare option from the factory...
(17-Apr-2012, 10:37 PM)julian Wrote: ha ha ha you guys are too much, the article forgot to mention how chirping can interfere with focusing on the "task at hand" Tongue

foosball is a byproduct of shit talking.
Paul Wrote:looks like I'll have to price out the anti-gay-glare option from the factory...
Make sure it's one way otherwise you'll be playing blind.
(18-Apr-2012, 10:33 AM)SilentSam Wrote:
Paul Wrote:looks like I'll have to price out the anti-gay-glare option from the factory...

says the single guy driving a Corolla.
(18-Apr-2012, 11:08 AM)Paul Wrote:
(18-Apr-2012, 10:33 AM)SilentSam Wrote:

says the single guy driving a Corolla.

Really? You just had to go there eh?