Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
November 29 (Thurs)
Last Thursday we had a good turnout, and a great time!
I`ll be there again this week. Anyone else coming?
too late for me, I'm in the general area at about 6:00-7:00, can really wait till 9:00 or even later for the start (I'm time-sensitive Sad )
[img]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif[/img]

When and where is this thing? I may be able to come.

Taha
My belief is that I get to make fun of your beliefs. Please respect my belief.
https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=192+Somers...O8DiGNlB4Q

I think they start playing around 9-9:30. 1 T3000 there.
- Casti
(26-Nov-2012, 10:50 PM)garbaggio Wrote: When and where is this thing? I may be able to come.

Taha

U of Ottawa "campus" bar (sort of, it's across the street rather than on-campus); corner of Somerset E and King Edward. Standard operating procedure is Thursday nights, whenever there are enough people there and looking to play, with no real firm start time. (The time has shifted back and forth quite a lot over the years, depending on the regulars' schedules and such. There was a time when we started playing at like 6:30, but recently it's been skewing much later, tending to start about 9:00-9:30, as Casti said.)

The competition level varies pretty wildly, too. I think the recent influx of league players has scared off a lot of the newcomers that we'd typically be seeing, so the average skill level is higher than it was, but it's still a pretty broad spectrum. Plus, the table isn't exactly immaculately maintained, so that introduces some variance of its own.

Anyway, new blood is always fun, if you think you can tolerate being surrounded (pretty much literally) by university children.

- Justin
(28-Nov-2012, 07:47 PM)jhoggart. Wrote: if you think you can tolerate being surrounded (pretty much literally) by university children.

- Justin

yes all of us "university children" are a handful for you old folk Justin lmao.