Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonzini and competition
Hello,

I just arrived in Toronto this week. I m used to play competitive on Bonzini in France (from Lyon Foosball club) and I just can t find a place in Toronto for this on the web. Is there at least one bonzini in the city ?
I usually play like 15 to 30+ hours week and I need my dose !

I am also open to play on other tables even if I will certainly suck compared to bonzini.

If there is some regular schedule or a preferred time when it is sure to find people round a table it would be cool to know.

Thanks !
They have a Bonzini at Teamplay (in Markham area)... I believe they have a Facebook group, search for Teamplay and foosball.
Teamplay hosts a few current (as well as previous) Team Canada members.

Apart from there, the province of Quebec holds Majors tournaments on Bonzini as well... check http://www.foosballquebec.com for more info.
Toronto's Teamplay sold their Bonzini recently.
~
And there isn't a place downtown with regular players for other tables?
(28-Mar-2014, 04:35 PM)Seb Wrote: And there isn't a place downtown with regular players for other tables?

Hi Seb,

My name is Mario. We've actually just got a Tornado placed in a location downtown called The Fifth a couple of weeks ago. We're trying to get some newer players to start coming out to learn there Smile We've also occasionally had some "pro" nights. If you'd like to come out and play a few games, you're more than welcome! PM me your cell #
Hi Pixel. I'm here for vacation too and looking for a good foosball table. Where is The Fifth and when can I meet some people there to play?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

The Fifth doesn't have a table anymore.

There must be a place downtown with regular foos players though, there is in every big city ! I think bars don't advertise it well when they have foos tables :/
Thanks for you reply Seb.
Actually I found some bars with a foosball but I just found only one bar with a "foosball scene". The bar is called Disgraceland and the foosball table is in the most bad shape I could found in Toronto. On the other hand there are always players to do some matches. I was wondering why it is like that. Bad table = more player? It's very strange Big Grin

One of our guys briefly looked into putting our Tornado into Disgraceland...I'll have to check back with him and see what happened.

(23-Apr-2014, 09:20 AM)Rheinman Wrote: Thanks for you reply Seb.
Actually I found some bars with a foosball but I just found only one bar with a "foosball scene". The bar is called Disgraceland and the foosball table is in the most bad shape I could found in Toronto. On the other hand there are always players to do some matches. I was wondering why it is like that. Bad table = more player? It's very strange Big Grin

(23-Apr-2014, 01:12 PM)Pixel Wrote: One of our guys briefly looked into putting our Tornado into Disgraceland...I'll have to check back with him and see what happened.

[/quote]

Cool. I would like it.

Hi Seb and Rheinman, as the others have mentioned, the only location with passing style tables and an active scene is in Markham, @ Teamplay Foosball and Internet cafe. It's one of the few ITSF certified training centres globally. Seb, the only Bonzini is at a player's house (he's in Kentucky for a tournament this weekend) and we do play on it occasionally. The tables at Teamplay are Tornado, Fireball, Garlando (passing style), and Fabi (fastball) and there will likely be players tonight. Tomorrow we will have a casual DYP so it would be a good time to come out. If you guys need help getting to Teamplay, post here or on the FB page and we can try to arrange a pickup (at TTC or other spot). Feel free to PM me with questions as well... Mario asked me to check in with you guys.

-- Sean Lee
tonight I don't think i will make it but tonorrow certainly
Great - see you at Teamplay tonight. We'll start around 8pm

https://www.facebook.com/TP.foosball?fref=ts

146 Old Kennedy Rd, Markham, ON L3R 0L5

https://www.facebook.com/gtafoosball
Seb, I hear you were here at Teamplay earlier. We are here now, come in by we will be here late.
Hi, anyone has Sean contact? Would like to know if he'd be willing to bring along from downtown today