Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Winter League
Hello All:

We will be re-launching the winter league.
The league will start Nov 12.
We'll do the same thing as before. 3 person teams. Tiers.
Half price for new players.
I need to work out the length of the league and the dates but it should run for 12 weeks with playoffs again.

Same price as before $80/player.

Chris
"Man's way to God is with beer in hand." - some Belgium monk
So what indomitable teams shall be formed this time around?

Is there a salary cap we should know about? Maybe citizenship requirements? Will Taha be ineligible to play due to his U.S. Customs record?
Anthony and I are in..... Merv? what do you say?

Also Frank is looking to play with anyone really, even some new players.

So for this league no money is going to the OFA right?
no, no money to OFA.
I am curious as to why some of the league fees should not go to OFA. Why give it all out in prize money?? We should be thinking of ever greening our tables and growing the group. Even the purchase of a third or fourth table if our group grows. Of course the coin revenue would grow also.
Just a few thoughts

V
I do agree with you Vern but we did put $500 toward the OFA for summer league which was fun but winter league is usually the better of the 2 and definately think there should be some serious prizes.

For example we won summer league and I still owed Chris $12.00 after he deducted the league fees lol....that to me is not good enough for winter league.

Dont get me wrong that was all established before summer league started which is totally cool but I dont think that should be the case for winter league.

I would even pay like $120 if the prizes were

Jackets for winning league ($300)

Playoffs:

1st $1000
2nd $700
3rd $400

or something , if we had 21 players which I think we did last winter league.
I do suggest though, that especially if there aren't team salary caps there be weekly prizes/credits for advancing across tiers or such, so as that prizes be not exclusive to the strongests.
[img]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif[/img]

I say forget the jackets, you guys didn't even want jerseys. How often do you wear your MA State jacket Etto?

I say 25% to OFA, 25% to weekly prizes, 50% to league 1-2-3 places

I'm up for playing with anyone. Give me a holler if you need a 3rd.

Taha
I need a first and a second.
[img]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif[/img]

Ya Taha that works, I dont care about the jackets it was just an idea I would rather the cash anyway.

I'm cool with your breakdown.
Taha... can i give you Dave and his buddy Eric for a season? they'd love to learn from you.

That way, i'll take my buddy Frank, and coerce Cooter into being my third...

what do you think? basically, i don't want to break up Dave/Eric team, and i want frank butara to keep coming... and well that makes 4 people... so i'll take frank and scrounge up someone else who otherwise wouldn't play...

i like Taha's breakdown as well... if we have some good money prizes, maybe Henry and Kareem will come back?
JP. Sure I'll take Dave and Eric. Team TED is a go!

Taha
Hey Jp or anyone else, what's Dave's last name? I need to add him to the Netfoos database.
http://www.netfoos.com
Mannon
So what are the teams so far?

Confirmed

Etto
Jon
Anthony

Taha
Dave
Eric

Ideas?