Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BYP March 2nd - $200 Added
Hello All:

OFA will like to announce another BIG Friday Night Event at Tail Gators. On March 2nd we will be hosting a BYP (aka Open Doubles) event. This will be a part of an ongoing series for national points! We'll be adding $200 to the prize fund.

Here are the details:
8:00 Registration, 8:15 Start. This is earlier than our normal Friday night DYP so take note.
$10 to play. Free for Women
Top 4 teams will be seeded. Otherwise random draw.
Prizes for top Amateur and Beginner Teams.

Happy Foosing!

Chris
"Man's way to God is with beer in hand." - some Belgium monk
Dammit! I'm DJing at Versefest that day.
Sorry, I'm not current with "tournament-speak". What does "Top 4 teams will be seeded. Otherwise random draw." mean?

- is it strictly a BYP, or is there a DYP component?
- or, more likely, is this only about the initial placements on the tourney chart?
- if this is about the chart, how will the top 4 teams determined?
[img]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif[/img]

Sounds like a BYP with the top 4 teams seeded by USTSA points and the rest of the chart drawn randomly.

Tits and Taha will be playing.

Taha
My belief is that I get to make fun of your beliefs. Please respect my belief.
Do USTSA points even exist anymore? I thought IFP points would be the standard now.
I think you guys should rely solely on the OFASTOPLA pts system.
[i]"I can't make you look stupid any more than Betty Crocker can bake a cake out of thin air. You provide the ingredients, believe me. It's not that I want to be an asshole, it's just that it comes so easily and I lack either the restraint or good will to say nothing at all."[/i]
Is that the one where you gain points for dropped passes? You'd be a promaster!
BYP = Open Doubles.

No draw your partner. Its up to you to find a date.

The top four rank teams - ie, the four strongest teams, based on points, then gut feel, then on the size of the bribe (Tongue)will be seeded so that they will avoid each other until deep in the chart. Every other team will be drawn in the chart randomly

"Man's way to God is with beer in hand." - some Belgium monk
Re: Points. I don't know. I haven't been out in the foosball world for a while. Is IFP doing everything now. That might be good for me. I was a Pro in USTSA points, but an Expert in IFP.

Update: No. I just looked it up. I'm a pro in IFP. Boo!

Taha
Ya they recently merged both point systems together and lots of people moved up and down
http://www.netfoos.com
(23-Feb-2012, 06:02 PM)garbaggio Wrote: Re: Points. I don't know. I haven't been out in the foosball world for a while. Is IFP doing everything now. That might be good for me. I was a Pro in USTSA points, but an Expert in IFP.

Taha

Don't you WANT to be seeded? I'm an IFP beginner!
(24-Feb-2012, 06:43 PM)SilentSam Wrote:
(23-Feb-2012, 06:02 PM)garbaggio Wrote: Re: Points. I don't know. I haven't been out in the foosball world for a while. Is IFP doing everything now. That might be good for me. I was a Pro in USTSA points, but an Expert in IFP.

Taha

Don't you WANT to be seeded? I'm an IFP beginner!

I was hoping to be an IFP expert because I was thinking of going to a tournament this year, so expert in IFP would have been better than Pro.

As for this BYP.. since I expect we will beat everyone, I don't think the seeding will matter that much.

Yes, I went there.
Taha
Dan and I will be playing together unless I have to work or something.
We're gonna try to make it. I've told a few ppl.
So its about 90% sure that you get a few ppl from Montreal showing up!
(27-Feb-2012, 03:10 PM)Vicky Wrote: We're gonna try to make it. I've told a few ppl.
So its about 90% sure that you get a few ppl from Montreal showing up!

Anyone from Montreal that might need a partner? My status is still uncertain here in Ottawa as to what partner to play with...
FoosBoss
[size=x-small]President of the Foosball Gambling Faction[/size]