Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Point System
More information can be found here:

http://tablesoccerca.ning.com/page/club-system

Still need to work out some kinks with the website.
"Man's way to God is with beer in hand." - some Belgium monk
(06-Mar-2012, 01:10 PM)SilentSam Wrote: I have some questions:

- What is the point system that is going to be used (ELO, I imagine?)
- Those of us who are unranked, what would our starting point value be?
- Would points carry over from IFP, or is everyone going to be set to a default in accordance with their rank?
- Is every answer to the above 'ask Eric Dunn'?
- Is the event going to be Double Elimination?
- Is it a 100% payout event, or is there extra money added?

Cheers

No Elo. You simply earn points the more tournaments you play in/and do well in. Not 100% sure but the points reset each year.

Everyone starts at 0.

No carry over from IFP

No, ask Will Shranks

Open events qualify for National Points. The events should have a Doubles and Singles. I am planning on doing a 1-Day tournament every other month. The months there is no tournament, the doubles and singles will be held on Fridays 2-3 weeks apart. Event format is not restricted - you can do a double elimination, round robin then single elimination.

The next singles is 100% payback as always. No money added yet. Blew the budget on the last one.
I had to adjust the points. When we have the Open Singles and Open Doubles on Friday night, it counts as a "Club Event". We can hold these once a month. As a region we can hold anywhere from 1 to four "Regional Events" a year. These will be our one day tournament.

Chris

The table soccer Canada website needs a lot of work, updating and esthetics. Can anyone help Eric do this? We also could help spread the word about the TSAC and get people registered on their forums, which are quite dead. If we want this system to work we need to keep integrating or we will fracture into untied regional organizations again making the World Championship team puzzling to put together, yet again.
Could we get the Ottawa players points put up in the first post of this topic? We have had 2 months of participation in the TSAC system right?
yes, I'll get that done tonight.

what are you? unpaid? DO IT NOW!
[i]"I can't make you look stupid any more than Betty Crocker can bake a cake out of thin air. You provide the ingredients, believe me. It's not that I want to be an asshole, it's just that it comes so easily and I lack either the restraint or good will to say nothing at all."[/i]
Chris if you send me the data for our events I can calculate the standings.